You envision growth—are you prepared for it?
The Venture Lawyer has years of experience working with early-stage businesses and start-ups in many industries. We understand the complexities that can leave even the savviest new business owners feeling uncertain. We can be a key part of your team, helping you make decisions regarding entity selection, trademark and copyright matters, licensing agreements, contract negotiation, or any other potential legal issues that a start-up could come across.
Legal help will continue to be vital as your start-up grows and matures. The following are some of the matters and decisions you can possibly encounter as your business moves through its life cycle.
- Entity selection: Determining benefits and drawbacks of entity types for all business stages, including equity incentive plans
- Raising capital: Sourcing financing, whether from known individuals such as friends or family, angel investors, venture capitalists, convertible note offerings, etc.
- Real estate and leasing: Negotiating leases or purchase agreements for real estate
- Intellectual property: Trademarks, patents, and copyrights are commonly needed to secure and protect brand property
- General counsel: Daily legal needs that arise in a business
- Labor: Procedures involved with employee acquisition, confidentiality, and non-compete agreements
- Manufacturing: Establishment and documentation of relationships with manufacturers
- Marketing: All types of agreements with outside marketers, including influencers and collaborators
- Distribution: Establishment and documentation of relationships with distributors and retailers
- Financing: Highly variable needs that could include lines of credit, convertible note offerings, SAFE notes, secured debt, and more
- Intellectual Property: Applying for trademarks to protect brand value
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Selling an entire business or spinning off a division
- Asset Sales: Sale of total or partial assets of a company
The Venture Lawyer can advise, counsel, and assist with all of the above-referenced matters. We strive to guide others on the path to success in their organizations. Please call us today to see how we can help your business.